Situated within the vast industrial complex of the chemical works of ICI and Brunner Mond at Winnington. Winnington Hall is one of the oldest buildings still standing in this part of Cheshire. Part of the house is timber-framed, dating from the 16th and 17th centuries, whilst the front was rebuilt in about 1780.
It is believed that one of the Wyatts was the architect of this latter work and that he also built the beautiful Orangery that once adjoined the building, and the well-proportioned Octagon Room. The Hall was restored in the 1920s.